Monday, September 2, 2013

My piggy bank is dead? What does this mean?!

As a 24 year-old recently graduated master's student,  I have experienced my fair share of financial struggles. While my years at Lehigh University have surely been some of my greatest, they have also been very, very expensive! Tuition, room & board, books, fraternity dues, clothing, beer money, spring break -- it can really add up! Thus, with the incurrence of such big expenses, and the looming threat of the "real world" as it approaches, the days of simply saving some extra cash in your room are long gone, and with that comes the death of the piggy bank.

As a student I learned, very quickly, to expand upon my already decent fiscal responsibility and begin to live on a budget. I have held at least one job since I was 16, and became more and more fiscally independent from my parents from that point on. In college I majored in accounting, and that has certainly provided an additional layer to my ability to have a really great time, while also living within my means.

I have created this blog for other broke college students, much like my former self, that are ready to begin managing their money effectively. Within it I will provide lots of personal finance tips and tricks that I have learned (often the hard way) over my past 6 years as a college student. I will discuss an array of topics such as: creating a budget, building credit (and why it's important!), managing debt, checking your credit score, leveraging rewards points, using online tools, etc.

Please feel free to post comments, or use the contact form on the right sidebar, to ask any questions or to suggest topics of interest. I hope you enjoy my blog, and I'd love to hear your feedback.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment